Estee Lauder is a brand which is known for catering to all skin tones. The Double Wear Foundation range for example has over 30 shades ranging from cool, warm to neutral so there is so much to choose from. I felt unsure about the shade to commit to so fortunately Estee Lauder are happy to provide a sample. They used a device that took three photographs of my face to decide on my shade. I was matched to Bronze 5W1 but they did not have it in stock since its a newer shade so they recommended that I tried Henna 4W3.
As the weather gets colder it is especially important to keep skin hydrated. Today I am going to write about 3 body creams I have tried recently. My skin is not extremely dry so I usually pick more light weight formulas. If you suffer from very dry skin, I would recommend E45 Cream for Dry Skin and Eczema, it has excellent reviews and is fragrance free and effective. If your skin is less sensitive and you would rather a fragranced cream I would recommend Body Shop Body Butters.
Since I have oily skin, at times the pores on my cheeks become very noticeable despite foundation coverage. I heard about the Benefit Porefessional but being a bargain hunter I thought i would look for a cheaper alternative, just to see if something else with a smaller price tag would work before paying a higher price. I decided to purchase Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser which was considerably cheaper at £8 in comparison to Benefit Porefessional which costs £24.50.
I’ve mentioned in previous posts that I suffer from occasional breakouts. My skin type is oily so I always look for oil free products. I wanted to find a spot fighting cream to help prevent future breakouts so my first choice was to try a Clearasil product. However, Clearasil is way to harsh on my skin. The cream I tried called Clearasil Rapid Action Treatment Cream, completely dried out and irritated my skin so I decided never to try products from the Clearasil range again. This is not to say it will not work for others but I personally would not recommend it for sensitive skin. So I decided to try out a product from the Clean and Clear range instead so I bought the Clean and Clear Dual Action Oil Free Moisturiser.
I have been nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award by Beccaannebeauty. Her blog is wonderful so definitely check it out!
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer the questions by your nominator
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and give them 11 questions
Questions I have been given:
- How long have you been blogging for? It’s been a little over a month so I’m still a newbie 🙂
- Why do you blog? I’ve always found it hard to find make up that suits my skin tone. I was always so happy when I finally managed to find products that worked for me, so I thought I would write about the products I came across and love to others who have the same difficulty finding make up that suits a more medium to dark skin tone. I also received encouragement from family and friends so thought I’d give it a go!
- What would you consider to be your biggest achievement? I still think think that my biggest achievement is yet to come.
- What is you dream job? I would say a career in Publishing
- What is your favourite perfume? It changes frequently but right now I would say Estee Lauder Pure White Linen. It’s a delicate, floral fragrance so I really love it.
- Your current go to product? My Bellapierre Foundation Compact Powder. Even if I wear no other make up, my skin always looks nice and matte with this product so I always feel pretty when I use it.
- Where is your favourite place to be and why? I always love visiting India. I enjoy the family time and the beautiful weather and new environment. There are so many scenic places to visit.
- A current song you are loving? Jess Glynne- Don’t be so hard on yourself
- Summer or Winter? Winter. I just love the atmosphere and I love winter clothes!
- What are you looking forward to this season? Going to visit my lovely sister in New York and celebrating my 25th Birthday there this year!
- What will you be doing for Christmas this year? Spending it with my wonderful family at home. The best place to be.
My nominees are
Here are my 11 questions
- Why did you start a blog?
- What Country would you love to visit right now?
- What was your most recent make up or clothing purchase?
- What is your favourite accessory?
- What is your favourite movie genre?
- Tea or Coffee?
- If you could choose a Superpower what would it be?
- What makes you smile?
- What or who is your inspiration?
- What is the last film or tv show you watched?
- What piece of advice would you give new bloggers starting out?
I hope everyone who reads this checks out the blogs I nominated! xx
I love wearing perfume however, unfortunately I suffer from travel sickness and have found the scent of perfume overwhelming during car journeys and it makes my symptoms worse. I decided I wanted to find an alternative to regular perfumes and decide to try a Body Mist from The Body Shop. I love The Body Shop since they have an array of beautifully scented products that feel great even on my sensitive skin. I decided on the Moringa Body Mist.
It has a delicate and light floral fragrance which I felt would be ideal since I wanted to avoid strong scents during travel. The mist is priced at £7.50 and I was pleasantly surprised that the fragrance lasted quite long without needing to reapply too often. This mist is a perfect alternative to regular perfume if like me you suffer from travel sickness. I loved this spray so much I decided to buy the Moringa Body Milk aswell.
It’s the same light fragrance, but the texture is also light and absorbs really quickly into skin without feeling oily but still leaving skin feeling moisturised. If you have very dry skin however, I would personally recommend the Moringa Body Butter
This is equally a great product but the texture is thicker making it ideal for dry skin.
My skin is good for the most part but occasionally I break out with spots. The worst part are not the spots themselves but the acne scarring they leave behind. I’m often left with dark marks on my skin. The product I’ve mentioned before like Bellapierre is great at hiding the scars but I wanted to look for a more permanent solution to get rid of the scarring and discoloration for good. I decided to try a cream I noticed when shopping called Fade Out Original Brightening Day Cream SPF15.
The cream is quite thick in texture and since I have naturally oily skin I only apply the cream directly onto my scars as oppose to putting it on all over my face. I’ve been using it for a few of months now and have really noticed a difference. My skin tone looks more even and the acne scars look less dark. Like most products, there’s no instant effect or transformation. You need be patient to see results and for me this product is slowly improving my scars so I recommend it.
As I’ve mentioned before I have Oily skin. It’s tough as the day goes on to try and maintain a nice matte finish especially on particularly warm days. Thankfully there are now wonderful products out there called finishing/setting powders which are designed to help set your make up and complete your look. The powders are translucent so can be universally used by all skin tones and are meant to be light in texture just to set your make up to finish your look. I was out purchasing my favourite eyeliner from Gosh (mentioned in previous post https://southindianmakeup.wordpress.com/2015/09/09/gosh-cosmetics-velvet-touch-eye-liner-and-eye-shadows/) and came across a setting powder and thought I would give it a try. It is called Gosh Velvet Touch Prime’n Set Primer and Mattifying Setting powder and I purchased it for £6.99 but it is usually £9.99.
Even though its a two in one product I personally do not use it as a Primer and only use it as a setting powder. The pot comes with a sieve that you can rotate which is handy since it prevents spills or too much powder coming out. So once I completed by normal foundation routine I lightly dipped by brush into the powder and blended it over my skin. It blended in easily with my skin without affecting my foundation or making it appear cakes or patchy and instead, gave me a matte polished look. Throughout the day I didn’t need to reapply my makeup and it controlled shine completely. I highly recommend this Setting/Finishing powder since its a great price and actually works well and lasts all day.