I am prone to getting an itchy scalp at times so I usually like trying hair masks to soothe it. I saw this mask and found it interesting since you use it inbetween shampoo and conditioner, whereas usually I find you’re meant to apply a mask pre wash or after conditioning. I have not heard of this brand prior to this purchase so I just bought the mask, but the range comes with a Shampoo and Conditioner too.
Lately my hair has been especially dry, this is probably made worse by the cold windy weather so I felt like I needed some treatment to revive my hair back to health. I came across a hair mask from Kiehl’s called Sunflower Color Preserving Deep Recovery Pak which I bought while on holiday in New York but is thankfully available here in the UK aswell. The mask is a good size and contains lots of lovely things like Antioxidant Rich Sunflower, Apricot Oils and Vitamins B3, B5 and B6. It is also silicone and paraben free.
In this cold and windy weather my hair gets especially frizzy! Therefore it is essential that I always have an anti frizz product on hand. This time I decide to try something new so I picked up the Superdrug Style Expertise Anti Frizz Serum.
It’s really affordable priced at just £2.99. The texture is a thick gel like consistency, so this means that a little will go a long way and it also has a nice refreshing scent which is another plus point. I applied a small sized amount onto my palms ( I pressed the serum dispensing pump just once) then while my hair was damp, I applied the product to the mid length to the ends of my hair. I wouldn’t add it to roots as the thickness of the serum may weight it down. I did however, apply a little to the side of my hair near my forehead where I tend to get a lot of baby hairs and flyaways. My hair remained shiny and smoother throughout the day and my hair smelt nice and fresh. This is a fantastic anti frizz product and will keep frizz prone hair sleek and tamed. I highly recommend it!
Available at Superdrug
In today’s post I want to talk about a hair product I bought a while back. It’s from VO5, which is a hair brand I love and it is called Nourish My Shine Miracle Mist. I really love it but for some reason it is hard to find in store these days, but fortunately it is available online on Amazon and in some Supermarkets so I’ll add links at the end of this post.
After blow drying and hair straightening, all the heat applied to my hair left it looking quite dry. I decided to look for a product that would add shine, however I wanted a spray since I did not want my hair to feel weighed down like serums tend to do sometimes. This miracle mist looked good since it is a leave in conditioning spray and contains 5 essential oils. The first thing I noticed when I applied it to my hair was the smell. It’s a lovely, sweet coconut scent that made my hair feel fresh. Usually hair products smell quite strong like a chemical smell so this was a lovely surprise. The bottle says it includes added heat protection so you can use it on wet or dry hair. Personally however, I still prefer to use a heat defence spray seperately that’s designed specifically for that purpose as I feel other heat defence sprays would be more effective than this at preventing heat damage.
Despite the oils in the product, the spray feels really light and left my hair feeling smooth and looking frizz free. It left a mild shine on my hair and it dried quickly without weighing my hair down. My hair no longer looked dry and looked healthier with a quick spritz of this. Sometimes I just spray it on my hair purely because I love the smell of it so much!
VO5 Nourish My Shine Miracle Mist £4.28
I have been nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award by Beccaannebeauty. Her blog is wonderful so definitely check it out!
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer the questions by your nominator
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and give them 11 questions
Questions I have been given:
- How long have you been blogging for? It’s been a little over a month so I’m still a newbie 🙂
- Why do you blog? I’ve always found it hard to find make up that suits my skin tone. I was always so happy when I finally managed to find products that worked for me, so I thought I would write about the products I came across and love to others who have the same difficulty finding make up that suits a more medium to dark skin tone. I also received encouragement from family and friends so thought I’d give it a go!
- What would you consider to be your biggest achievement? I still think think that my biggest achievement is yet to come.
- What is you dream job? I would say a career in Publishing
- What is your favourite perfume? It changes frequently but right now I would say Estee Lauder Pure White Linen. It’s a delicate, floral fragrance so I really love it.
- Your current go to product? My Bellapierre Foundation Compact Powder. Even if I wear no other make up, my skin always looks nice and matte with this product so I always feel pretty when I use it.
- Where is your favourite place to be and why? I always love visiting India. I enjoy the family time and the beautiful weather and new environment. There are so many scenic places to visit.
- A current song you are loving? Jess Glynne- Don’t be so hard on yourself
- Summer or Winter? Winter. I just love the atmosphere and I love winter clothes!
- What are you looking forward to this season? Going to visit my lovely sister in New York and celebrating my 25th Birthday there this year!
- What will you be doing for Christmas this year? Spending it with my wonderful family at home. The best place to be.
My nominees are
Here are my 11 questions
- Why did you start a blog?
- What Country would you love to visit right now?
- What was your most recent make up or clothing purchase?
- What is your favourite accessory?
- What is your favourite movie genre?
- Tea or Coffee?
- If you could choose a Superpower what would it be?
- What makes you smile?
- What or who is your inspiration?
- What is the last film or tv show you watched?
- What piece of advice would you give new bloggers starting out?
I hope everyone who reads this checks out the blogs I nominated! xx
Whenever I wash my hair and complete my styling, I am always left with frizz which ruins my look. I’ve always been a fan of Elnett so I was pleased to find they had a hair spray that helps control frizz called L’Oréal Paris Elnett So Sleek Hairspray.
The reason I adore Elnett is that while other strong hold hairsprays leave you with a hard, crisp texture on your hair, Elnett provides you with great hold while still leaving a smooth and silky finish. This particular spray has another plus point which is that it’s lightly rose scented so my hair smells lovely all day. It’s such a light spray that no matter how much you spray, with just a stroke of a brush it disappears while still taming frizz prone areas. I seperate sections of my hair and spray the So Sleek hairspray directly onto roots (at a 30cm distance as recommended) to give me some volume. The product does not weigh down my hair at all and just as it says, I’m left with a sleek look with no flyaways. It’s ideal for hair up style like a high ponytail or loose wave look. I only use the spray after using heated styling tools as a Finishing Hairspray but Elnett also has a heat defence range that can be used prior to using heated styling tools. I highly recommended this hairspray it’s my favourite!
Protecting my hair before applying heat is very important to me. I use styling tools often such as a Blowdryer and Straightner so it’s important that I look after my hair the best I can to prevent long term damage. I’ve tried different heat defence products but the problem I’ve found is that they weigh down my hair and I lose volume at times. However, I decided to try a product I found from Superdrug called Tresemme Heat Style Primer Spray.
This product is extremely affordable at just £1.50 so I thought why not especially since the bottle is a good size too. I sprayed some of the product on my damp hair after I briefly towel dried it. I brushed it through and then started blow drying. Once I was finished I was impressed with how light the product felt since my hair felt smooth and not weighed down. The product suggests to spray individual sections if using on dry hair. Some days I just air dry my hair. Once dry I separate into 4 sections and spray the primer onto each section and then begin straightening once it dries. I’m really happy with this product and will continue using it as my main heat defence styling product.
My hair is quite thick in texture naturally but the problem I have is that it tends to get greasy quickly. It is also a really long length, so it’s tiresome washing it daily. I needed to find a solution and I heard about T/Gel shampoo from Neutrogena before but this time I came across one specifically for greasy hair.
I was expecting a strong medicated smell but it was pleasantly mild which was good, and after washing the shampoo off it did not leave a strong scent. I was concerned my hair would be knotted and tangled but the shampoo left my hair feeling soft and tangle free. I found I did not need to use conditioner which is a positive since conditioner tends to weigh my hair down and my hair was grease free. The shampoo is a great solution for greasy hair as my hair felt clean and fresh after use and I no longer need to wash my hair daily.