I have been nominated for The Blogger Recognition Award by the lovely DashofDaisies, be sure to check out her wonderful blog. Thank you for the nomination, it encourages me to keep on writing 🙂
The Blogger Recognition Award Rules
1. Write a post explaining why you started blogging along with a few tips.
2. Nominate some of your fellow bloggers
3. Comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them
I only started blogging a couple of months ago. I always enjoyed writing and as I recently became more interested in beauty and started learning more about make up, I thought I would share what I was learning and the products I was using with others. I knew there were so many amazing beauty blogs already, however I thought I would write a blog focussing on products that suited darker skin. A lot of make up brands tend to have a limited range of shades so when I started noticing more brands were expanding the range of shades to suit indian skintones like mine, I wanted to write about it to make it easier for others to choose suitable make up for their skin tone. This blog encourages me to try out new products and I have more fun experimenting with my look with new make up. Another reason I carried on with blogging was how much it helped me connect with other bloggers. I learn so much from reading other blogs and other bloggers inspire me to keep on working on my blog.
A major tip is make sure you write about what you love and are passionate about. This will make you look forward to writing your blog post rather than you not having fun with it. Write about what you enjoy and others will enjoy reading it!
My nominees are
I have been nominated for The Sunshine Blogger Award by Beccaannebeauty. Her blog is wonderful so definitely check it out!
- Thank the person who nominated you
- Answer the questions by your nominator
- Nominate 11 other bloggers and give them 11 questions
Questions I have been given:
- How long have you been blogging for? It’s been a little over a month so I’m still a newbie 🙂
- Why do you blog? I’ve always found it hard to find make up that suits my skin tone. I was always so happy when I finally managed to find products that worked for me, so I thought I would write about the products I came across and love to others who have the same difficulty finding make up that suits a more medium to dark skin tone. I also received encouragement from family and friends so thought I’d give it a go!
- What would you consider to be your biggest achievement? I still think think that my biggest achievement is yet to come.
- What is you dream job? I would say a career in Publishing
- What is your favourite perfume? It changes frequently but right now I would say Estee Lauder Pure White Linen. It’s a delicate, floral fragrance so I really love it.
- Your current go to product? My Bellapierre Foundation Compact Powder. Even if I wear no other make up, my skin always looks nice and matte with this product so I always feel pretty when I use it.
- Where is your favourite place to be and why? I always love visiting India. I enjoy the family time and the beautiful weather and new environment. There are so many scenic places to visit.
- A current song you are loving? Jess Glynne- Don’t be so hard on yourself
- Summer or Winter? Winter. I just love the atmosphere and I love winter clothes!
- What are you looking forward to this season? Going to visit my lovely sister in New York and celebrating my 25th Birthday there this year!
- What will you be doing for Christmas this year? Spending it with my wonderful family at home. The best place to be.
My nominees are
Here are my 11 questions
- Why did you start a blog?
- What Country would you love to visit right now?
- What was your most recent make up or clothing purchase?
- What is your favourite accessory?
- What is your favourite movie genre?
- Tea or Coffee?
- If you could choose a Superpower what would it be?
- What makes you smile?
- What or who is your inspiration?
- What is the last film or tv show you watched?
- What piece of advice would you give new bloggers starting out?
I hope everyone who reads this checks out the blogs I nominated! xx
I’ve been nominated for the One Lovely blog Award by ibeautytalk. Thank you so much it put a smile on my face 🙂
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link to their blog
- List the rules and display the award
- Add 7 facts about yourself
- Nominate 15 other bloggers
So here are my 7 facts
- My mum is the reason I became interested in beauty. She has always loved beauty and make up and always presents herself in a glamorous and beautiful way. So I’ve always been inspired by my mum.
- I’m 24 years old and have lived in London all my life. I also have two wonderful sisters.
- I’m South Indian and my parents are from a stunning place called Kerala which I love visiting.
- I have a gorgeous cat called Jupiter. He came into my life at just 12 weeks old as a little kitten and recently turned 7. I love him to pieces!
- I would say I am an introvert. I find that writing is an easier and more comfortable way for me to express myself.
- I’m not a big traveller but there are a few places I would like to visit one day which include Japan and Hawaii.
- I love watching foreign films and documentaries from all over the world.
The 15 blogs I’d like to nominate are all wonderful and so make sure to check them out.
Have a lovely day everyone x